Unity-QuickSheet enables you to use google and excel spreadsheet data within Unity editor. With Unity-QuickSheet, you can retrieve data from a spreadsheet and save it as an asset file with a ScriptableObject format even without writing single line of code.
- Easy! No need to write any single line of code.
- Convenient! It can retrieve data from excel file. (both of xls and xlsx format are supported on Windows, only xls on OSX.)
- Flexible! It can retrieve data from google spreadsheet.
- Fast! No need to write a parser to retrieve data, it automatically serializes retrieved data into Unity3D's ScriptableObject, the binary format and so it is fast than to use XML which is usually ASCII format.
Saying again, you don't need to write even single line of code!
Also there is FAQ page for any other information.
You can use 'Unity-QuickSheet' anywhere you need to import spreadsheet data into Unity editor without pain. It is easy and fast.
- Use it as a database on client-side. It is easy and fast comparing with json or xml.
- Use it with LINQ. You can much easier handle data.
- Various type supported, not only a primitive type llike int, float, but also enum and array.
- Automation of formula calculation. See the Case Study section.
This code is distributed under the terms and conditions of the MIT license.
Some codes are borrowed from GDataDB. The license of the that follow theirs.
Copyright (c)2013 Kim, Hyoun Woo